High Purity Quartz Materials is a new entrant into the high purity quartz market. The company was established by a management team that has spent the last ten years working in the sector. With the acquisition of a suitable quartz mine, HPQ Materials was formed in late 2015.
The company operates out of two primary locations in Australia. In Far North Queensland the company owns a high purity quartz mine, Sugarbag Hill. With a 20+ year mine life, the company is in a strong position to supply high purity quartz materials to the high-tech markets for decades to come.
The Sugarbag Hill quartz is a hydrothermal quartz with an in situ purity of 99.99% SiO2. The quartz body is approximately 800m long and has an estimated volume of greater than 2 million tonnes.
The company maintains its corporate headquarters in Melbourne, Victoria Australia. Mined quartz will be preprocessed in Queensland, and a crushed aggregate will be transported by rail to the companies processing plant in Melbourne, Victoria.
In Melbourne, the quartz will be further refined to a high purity sand and purified to solar and semiconductor grade products. This quartz processing involves a combination of physical mineral separation techniques, acid leaching, and high-temperature treatments.
The processed quartz products initially are targeted at an export market, but in the longer term, HPQ Materials is interested in fostering local Australian manufacturing operations.
Our Corporate approach
We look to differentiate our business, brand and culture on the basis of:-
- our values as an innovative manufacturing business in the strongly growing renewable energy and the IoT supply chain
- our advantaged asset base providing high chemical purity raw material as a feedstock to our process
- our low operating costs
- the technical know-how of our team
- sound governance principles
- a collaborative approach to partners with a common vision and shared values
- Maximise value from our ownership of high purity quartz deposits through low-risk, low cost beneficiation process
- Establish the HPQM brand as being globally relevant in the strong growth solar PV / semi-conductor industries
- Expose product sales to strong market and price fundamentals to maximise value
- Collaborate to establish downstream manufacture growth opportunities via JV and partnering in Australia/overseas
- Communicate our business and values as a participant in the renewable energy value/supply chain to ensure a positive legacy